I definitely didn’t have a box of books sitting on my floor unopened for a week because I simply could not deal with trying to figure out where I was going to find room for them. That never happened.
- on my way to work I saw a small boy, probably 4 years old, wearing a bright red, puffy winter coat and a Darth Vader helmet.
- one of our interns this term, who also works at Magnolia, brought in a box of cupcakes that were “slightly smushed” and couldn’t be sold in the store.
- I discovered that October is, apparently, National Doughnut Month.
- while out getting coffee, Twitter informed me that a stage version of Breakfast at Tiffany’s is coming to Broadway in 2013.
- I finished a manuscript that really doesn’t suck.
- one of the agents came in and started giving one of my coworkers shit about his (admittedly…unique) tie, and all of a sudden everyone was involved and it was loud and hilarious and then just as things were winding down my phone rang and the room went silent and I swear to you it was like something out of a sitcom.
- I crossed a lot of things off of my to do list.
- I checked my bank account balance and I’d spent less money than I thought I had.
- the little girl I used to babysit for was texting me (kids these days). BUT she was texting me about how much she misses me.
- I realized I really, really like my handwriting.
Sometimes I read an author’s new draft and I think oh, wow, they did what I suggested they do! and it’s still kind of totally a really cool feeling.
My job is pretty all right, y’all.